So there is a whole heap of stuff that the Mommy to Be books leave out and as “honest” and “real” as they claim to be-ummm they are NOT!!!!!
Here are the random new expenses that have happened in my household since pregnancy.
1. We spend wayyyyyyyyyy more money on toilet paper than we used to. I know this is in part to the 50-11 times I go to the restroom a day. However- not one book points that out.
2. We have now had to add an orange juice budget due to me going through two jugs of OJ in a week’s time. Funny thing, I do not even like OJ like that. Seriously, I rarely drink it. Now i have to have it. So now that is 8 bottles of OJ a month and oranges ain’t cheap.
3. You completely waste money on random urges and cravings. Want sherbert- go buy it- eat a spoonful and then not want it. And hey Double Stuff Oreos- buy those too- eat three then get over it. Oooh Strawberry Shortcake ice cream bars-yeah get those too. Leave em in the freezer- who cares!!! Oooh and not to mention Jif individual peanut butter cups- yeah there is still more than half left in the cabinet.
4. Toothbrushes- ummm yeah- so due to my whole bleeding gums fiascos every morning, I am convinced my toothbrushes are riddled with germs, which in turn has me changing them out and throwing them away every week.
5. Produce- so my hubby used to be the health nut in the house, but I want my baby to be as healthy as possible (even though I still indulge) and this results in us purchasing WAY MORE produce. Every week we have to buy a fresh pineapple, a bag of green apples, bananas, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, grapes and strawberries. Now this would last him awhile back in the day because he would freeze a lot for his juicing and smoothies. Not anymore! Now I want fresh fruit and veggies all of the time, along with nachos, fries with mild sauce and Pepsi too.
Just living life in the Mommy to Be fab lane. xoxo